Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 April 2013

HUNGERFORD ARCADE AND OUR OWN THERESA HING


I would like to introduce you to Theresa Hing, a stallholder at Hungerford Arcade.

We are very proud to announce that Theresa will be taking part in the West Berkshire and North Hampshire Open Studios 2013.

Below, Theresa will tell you about herself and her beautiful jewellery which she designs and makes herself!
Rita


   



You can pick up a leaflet from many places in the region or look on the Open Studios website at www.open-studios.org.uk  for more 



My name is Therese Hing.  I live in the beautiful Lambourn valley in West Berkshire and my studio looks out onto ancient thatched cottages and undulating countryside where I can see cows and sheep grazing. I first started making jewellery some 20 years ago but  in 2009 I followed my dream of working with metal and my new studio was soon filled with tools. I now make a range of silver jewellery using traditional silversmithing techniques and the more silver I can use, the better. I find the creative processes involved with making a piece of jewellery very stimulating and  especially love stone setting and unusual shaped cabochons.

For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by fossil rocks and crystals so creating jewellery with them seemed a natural progression. I love the process of manipulating metal to form something of beauty. Each piece is original - designed and handcrafted in my studio in rural Berkshire using standard silver 925 and sometimes fine silver and gold. I use semi-precious Gemstones, freshwater Pearls, Coral, ceramic beads, silver beads, Amber or beautiful Lampwork beads from British artists in my pieces.

I love to work with silver, adding surface texture and using free-form elements to embellish the work.  Precious and semi-precious gemstones, fossil cabochons and silver elements, all mixed with semi-precious beads to create unusual and wearable pieces.

I am currently exploring different ways to create shapes in silver and copper by fold forming and anticlastic/synclastic  methods.

I  also make custom orders of any of my pieces, rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces.  So, if anyone sees a design they like but would prefer different colours/stones or even just a different size, all they have to do is email me with their wishes and I reply by return.

I can also repeat designs although they will be slightly different as everything is made by hand and stones may differ slightly being natural materials.

I am currently exploring different ways of working with silver  to produce new and  exciting designs which will find their way into my shop during the coming months

I am now also a member of The Guild of Jewellery Designers. 

THERESA HING  -  Artisan & Contemporary silver JEWELLERY
studio 01488 648608
Showcase: Unit 126, Hungerford Arcade,
Hungerford, Berkshire
SRAJDlogo

Hallmarked Sterling Silver


Garnet and Silver Earrings















Labradorite Sterling Silver

Green Prehnite Sterling Silver







































No comments:

Post a Comment